This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PS Behrend chapter.

Coconut oil is one of the most versatile products you can buy. One container has the ability to provide many different products while just paying for one thing. If you’re broke and busy all the time (as most of us are) it’s perfect for you! Here are just five of the many uses for coconut oil:

1. Conditioner

It’s super hydrating and perfect to use as a conditioner. Using it as a hot oil treatment or hair mask adds shine, boosts hair growth, and hydrates.

2.  Moisturizer

Using it in moderation on skin makes for the perfect moisturizer, you only need a small bit to go a long way. The properties in coconut oil make it easier for the oil to penetrate the skin, making it super quick drying while also moisturizing.​

3. Make Up Remover

Instead of spending money on a makeup remover, just use coconut oil with cotton pads to remove your makeup and moisturize at the same time.

4. Lip balm

In the same way that it helps skin and hair, it helps your lips! Adding sugar makes a great lip scrub and just using it by itself works like chapstick.

5. Alternative to Butter

It’s easier for the body to digest because of the fatty acids it contains, the quick digestion produces longer sustaining energy and better processing. This makes coconut oil a great alternative to butter because of its health benefits and high smoking point.

Image Credits: 1 2 3 4 5

Communications Major with a Womens Studies Minor and certificates in Public Relations and Advertising  Lover of music, dogs, fashion, and iced coffee
Kayla McEwen

PS Behrend

Kayla A. McEwen: President and Campus Correspondent  Senior at Penn State Behrend Marketing & Professional Writing Major Part-time dreamer and full-time artist Lover of art, fashion, witty conversation, winged eyeliner, and large cups of warm beverages.