This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Yes, here is my shameless self-promotion of the radio show I broadcast with my roommates. Yes, the title is illusive. I needed clickbait, because nobody wants to hear anything about Wednesday nights unless it’s somewhere to go out. If that’s what you came here for, sorry to disappoint. In case you didn’t know this by now, I’m a giant loser.

There’s nothing like just sitting around and listening to good music. Is my preferred time to do so at 12-2 a.m. Wednesday nights/Thursday mornings? No, but here we are. That’s right, “The Fates” go live when you all want to be asleep on weeknights. The name was inspired by the 3 lovely old ladies from Greek mythology but specifically inspired by the Disney movie’s animated portrayal of them, all sharing an eye and looking beat as ever.

We play the best (in our opinion) pop music, primarily by women, because our show is about celebrating women in an industry that heavily oppresses them. We also discuss current events, mostly in entertainment, if anything significant occurs (but once somebody called us while discussing Shaun White’s attractiveness and told us to stop talking and play music, so maybe we aren’t so good with the talk show aspect.)The point is that we’re trying to both bring good music to PC and not completely die of boredom from people-watching in the Slavin soft lounge. We see a total of 5 people sitting around every night, including janitors, who barely bat an eye at the fact that we are gracing their eardrums with the best music of the century. We are #blessing this campus, and nobody seems to care. That’s why I’m writing this article, which is really more of a prolonged weird-brag at this point, to let you know that we are putting this music out for you but you just don’t know it yet, given our unfortunate timeslot. So, next time somebody suggests Whiskey Wednesday, tell them you’ll pass. You’d rather isolate yourself and listen to 3 idiots talk about nothing than socialize with friends. When you do, give us a call (401-865-2091) and talk about nothing with us, or tell us to shut up and suggest a song!

If you still use traditional radio, tune in 91.3 FM. If you live in the 21st century like the rest of us, you can find us online: https://elastic.webplayer.xyz/wdom/

GIFS: giphy.com