This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Let’s face it, the life of a collegiate is one with very little downtime. Between classes, clubs, and hanging out with friends, it can be hard to stay up-to-date with what’s happening in the world. The college environment can sometimes feel like a bubble where glancing at Twitter and Facebook trending topics are considered “staying informed.” But fear no more- theSkimm is here to save us all from looking humiliatingly unaware when conversing with someone from the world outside our little college bubble.

theSkimm, founded by two friends who share a love for all things newsworthy, is a daily newsletter that you can subscribe to via email. Aptly named, it provides readers with summaries of pretty much everything currently happening around the globe, concisely enough to finish by the time your Kuerig heats up.

Each newsletter starts out with a hard-hitting “Quote of the Day”,

followed by a few sections of summaries that will have you armed and ready for intelligent conversation before breakfast.

So, if you’re looking to keep up with more than just the Kardashians, theSkimm is a free and convenient way to do so, without even having to leave the comfort of your Inbox.

Erin McAward

Providence

Pinterest enthusiast, really into brightly colored shorts, living off of grilled cheese.
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.