Style Guide: Summer Internships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Landed that great summer internship but don’t know what to wear? A lot of us are in the same boat. Internships give collegiettes everywhere the chance to step up their wardrobe. While many companies today, like J. Crew, allow us to be creative with our work outfits, there are a few basic staples that everyone should have in their closets.

Blazer and Skirt: Topshop.com

Bag: Lulus.com

Top: Modcloth.com

1. Every collegiette should own a blazer. A simple, nicely tailored blazer can bring any outfit from frumpy to fab. It is best to have a blazer in a simple color such as navy or black because these colors can be paired with almost any color or pattern. Don’t be afraid to get daring, though! My favorite blazer in my closet is a white oversized textured piece that makes all of my intern outfits fashionable.

2. The next necessary item for the office is a tasteful, tailored skirt. My suggestion for this piece is similar to the blazer: simple is better.  A bright bottom, however, can look very cute and professional if matched with a great blazer and top, it just depends on the other pieces.

3.The third necessity is a great collared shirt. For me, this is the perfect opportunity to get creative. This season is all about mix-matching prints and colors, and the workplace is no exception to this fashion trend. Try pairing a polka dot shirt with your work attire to spice up your outfit. All you need is a pop of color from a bag, maybe, and you are perfectly professional!

Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.