Starting the Year Off on the Right Foot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

We spent all summer counting down the clocks at our summer jobs patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for move-in day. For some of you, that meant moving into a new place and meeting all new people and for others it meant picking up right where you left off with all of your best friends. Now that everyone has moved in and the homework assignments are starting to pile on, there has never been a better time to make sure this year starts off on the right foot. If you’re anything like me, your last memory of school was praying to finish studying for your finals so you could meet your friends out on the quad. While it’s a great memory, it is definitely not the BEST way to make sure you are at the top of your game this year. Among all of the “How was your summer?!” and “Are you going out tonight?!” banter, don’t forget what you’re really at school for. These few tips will help to keep your mind on track for your best year ever!

1)   Stay organized!

There is nothing worse than coming home from a hard day of classes just to see that your desk is a mess, your clothes are everywhere, and you can’t find your Marketing notebook. My personal rule of thumb for the semester is to put things away when I am finished using them. While this may seem a little elementary, its already helping me to stay relaxed as I dread my first quiz! Head to Pinterest for cute DIY ideas on how to keep your room looking its best this year!

2)   Dress for success

Going to class and to the library in sweats (especially the first few weeks of school) is just setting you up to snooze during study sessions. Wake up 5 minutes earlier and throw on that cute top, trust me, its worth it!

3)   Get a calander

While not all teachers give you a detailed syllabus with every assignment, most will tell you dates of major exams and project due dates. Keeping these in a solid place that wont get lost (your desk or wall) will make sure that these huge grades don’t go unnoticed. The dates will be drilled in the back of your mind by the end of the semester and you will have ample time to prepare for that *A* you’ve been dying for! Check Etsy.com for some of the cutest monogrammed calanders that you’ll LOVE.

Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.