How This Is Us May Have Ruined Crock Pots Forever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

***SPOILER ALERTS AHEAD******

For two years, loyal watchers of NBC’s hit television show, This Is Us, have waited to find out what happened to Jack, played by Milo Ventimiglia. Week after week, there were little hints about how Jack’s death occurred. This past week’s episode finally gave the full story of what happened to Jack. After watching the superbowl with his wife, Jack was seen cleaning up the kitchen. He packed up the leftover food, wiped the counter down, and turned the Crock Pot off. Everyone sighed relief as he retreated off to bed, thinking that everything had been taken care of. Not long after, an old couple is seen getting rid of some stuff in their house before they sold it. The older man took his old Crock Pot over to Jack, telling him that it was a little faulty, but after jiggling the knob works like a charm. Suddenly, the Crock Pot sparks, and catches fire. As the house goes up in flames, memories of the family flood back. 

This event has forced Crock Pot to open a twitter enabling them to defend their product. Somehow, a innocent pot that just wanted to cook some chicken while you were at work became the greatest villain yet. Hopefully things can go back to normal soon, and people can sleep with ease while their chili cooks. 

Pictures: Twitter/ Hulu