Friar Foodie: The Red Stripe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

The Red Stripe

Location: 465 Angell Street, Providence RI

Being the avid foodie that I am, I’ve easily spent more money on food than clothes this semester. I recently paid a trip to the Red Stripe that was completely worth the investment. The French atmosphere gives the restaurant a quaint feel including the rustic bar that can provide a potent and delicious Bloody Mary or a morning mimosa. The menu although small is daunting with its delicious choices to someone as indecisive as me, so I decided to go with the Red Stripe grilled cheese with prosciutto, poached pear, and basil pesto. (Even more delicious than it looks folks).  

Overall the restaurant was well priced for the hefty portion sizes and has great service. It can be the place for the perfect hangover food (they actually have a burger called the Hangover Burger) or an ideal place to take your parents when they visit.

What’s your favorite place to eat in Prov, foodies?

Sophomore English Major at Providence College, Extreme Foodie, Avid Netflix Watcher
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.