alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Date Night Ideas in Providence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Whether you’re balling on a budget or celebrating a special event, Providence has an endless supply of date night restaurants and activities!

$

1. The Food Court at Providence Place

It’s easy to get to if you don’t have a car on campus, (thank you RIPTA) and offers a wide variety of food. This is good especially if you and your S.O. have a hard time agreeing on what to get.

2. Movie Night at Providence Place

Again, this is easy to get to, and they offer a student discount! I would recommend going an earlier showing so that you can still catch a bus back, and walk around the mall after.

$$

3. Paint Bar

Even if you aren’t an artist, the Muse Paint Bar on North Main Street is a great idea for a relaxing date night in the middle of the semester. Prices range from $25-$30 per person, and there is a selection of food and drinks for you to enjoy

4. Mt. Fuji Japanese Steakhouse

Hibachi grills are always fun and are the most bang for your buck, I always leave with leftovers! Because of the setup, they’re also perfect for group dates. Because they are so popular on the weekends, I recommend calling ahead to make sure that you can get a spot.

$$$

5. The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot is a one of a kind experience, especially if you order the 3 course meal.

It’s not just a fondue place, you actually cook your dinner right at the table and can customize it however you like. I went here with my boyfriend for our anniversary, and we had a blast. The staff is so friendly, and they educate you on what you are cooking assist you if you need it.

6. Capital Grille

The restaurant’s new location is perfect if you book a reservation during WaterFire, you can watch comfortably from your seat while enjoying a gourmet meal, with a great atmosphere.

Side Note: If you and your S.O. are looking for the gourmet experience while on a budget, I recommend coming here for lunch, they have a pre fixed menu with multiple options and it’s under $25!