Changes at PC!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

PC has revamped its entire look this year, making changes to all aspects of campus, from buildings to landscape. But whether or not the radically different features are good or bad is subjective. On a positive note, Ray has upped the ante by installing waffle makers, allowing students to create the perfect Belgian waffle if they aren’t feeling another helping of eggs in the morning (or if breakfast-for-dinner seems like a more appealing alternative). Another improvement is the new Take Three option in Alumni. At the beginning of the year, I found that Ray was constantly overcrowded and the lines at Pastabilities were getting out of control. Exchanging a swipe at Ray for a swipe at Alumni is one of the more genius additions to our meal plans (and the variety doesn’t hurt!)

A few things could have been left alone at Alumni, though. The food quality is better, but with the addition of new stations, there are fewer options at the original ones. For example, there are only three pasta options at the Slice of Life station. And I know that sushi is very popular in general, but I haven’t seen many people taking advantage of the newly installed sushi station. They have also subtly raised prices at both Alum and McPhails, which we could all do without. Plus, the late night  trips to PC Perk are sorely missed. Finding that it closes at 2 is a major bummer.

Overall, the changes made at Slavin are for the better. The comfy couches make studying and relaxing much more enjoyable. Unfortunately, I have no idea where they moved half of the offices, so if anyone can point me in the direction of the Information Desk’s new location, I’d appreciate it! Harkins, our pride and joy as one of PC’s prettiest buildings, is suffering from the same problem. It’s aesthetically gorgeous but incredibly confusing. Then again, I guess there’s no harm in exploring.

There aren’t any incredibly horrible changes being made at PC that leave me outraged. The only thing I have a real issue with is the fact that there is 24/7 landscaping, which is making napping impossible. Come on, Prov, after a long day of Civ seminars and exams, we need to sleep!

Samantha Galasso is from Wilton, CT and is the founder of both the Providence College and Villanova University chapters at HC. In her spare time, she enjoys napping, sarcastic commentary, inappropriate jokes, hanging out with her fellow Pi Phi sisters, "Friends" marathons, and general activities being ”liked” by the mass majority of people on Facebook. Her goals in life include writing the next great American novel and making the Billionaire Obituary in Forbes.