Andrew Konnerth ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

Name: Andrew KonnerthClass Year: 2017Major: Double Major in PSP and PSC

Andrew is an active member in the Providence College community. He’s a super college student involved in an array of organizations ranging from Res Life to a comedy club to Friar Food Rescue!

What are you involved with on campus?

Currently, I am involved in Cowl as a photographer, Student Congress as a Class Representative, a Resident Assistant at Guzman Hall, a Community Assistant at DIIRI Refugee Services, Publicity in friar Divers, and a member of Six Gents, a comedy sketch on campus.

What is your favorite thing that you’re involved with?

Probably being a part of Six Gents is one of my favorite things I do right now. I tried out for the group mid Fall semester, and have had an awesome time performing with an incredible cast of friends since then.

What is Friar Food Rescue?

Friar Food Rescue is a unique service organization that takes excess food made in Ray and Alumni and redistributes it to soup kitchens and food panties in the Smith Hill and Providence Community. We also have a certification program that is designed for restaurants to also join the movement to end food waste and hunger. We are entirely member-run and as a horizontally structured organization, we rely on the input and support of all active members.

For more info on Friar Food Rescue, check out our article written by HC Providence Editor, Jaclyn, HERE!

Keep doing what you do, Andrew!

Sarah Viens

Providence

Loves witty humor, nice people, dogs, and orange creamsicle flavored anything
Faith Hollis

Providence

On an endless search to find the the best internship, the best food, and the best shoes; wherever these may bring me. CC at Providence College, Marketing Major.