5 Reasons to be Excited About Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Providence chapter.

1. Lent is over

Break out the chips, chocolate, or whatever you gave up for Lent. The lord has risen… and so has your caloric intake. This will be extra rewarding if you actually made it the 40 days!

2. You Get to See Your Family

Your professors might have really made you work hard to earn this break, but reuniting with your family makes it all worth it. Not to mention the home-cooked feast you’re about to have!

3. Cute dresses

Clothing brands really step it up for the spring season and Easter is the perfect reason to buy that dress you’ve been eyeing.

4. Candy

Peeps, pastel M&Ms, and Cadbury Eggs oh my! Say your goodbyes to that spring break bod. 

5. No School 

PC really hooks it up with giving us Monday off to recover from eating all of those Cadbury eggs and to relax.

Megan McGunigle is a Political Science and English double major at Providence College. On campus, Megan is involved with WDOM the student run radio station, Club Figure Skating and the organization Generation Citizen. Generation Citizen helps to civically engage students in local middle schools and high schools. She also enjoys ice cream, chocolate, and pizza. Her dream job would be working as a journalist in Washington D.C. to write about all the country's political happenings.