Zevia Soda – Zero Calories, Zero Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

Right off the bat, I am a big fan of these drinks – zero calories and all natural. It just makes sense. Over the years I have curbed soda out of my life and replaced it with sparkling water. However, every now and then I would need a combination of fizz and sugar and would drink a diet soda or another zero calorie option. It definitely satisfied my craving but afterwards I would feel awful – stomach aches, bloating, even the occasional migraine.  Most of these problems stem from the artificial sweeteners in these drinks; for me, they are barely worth drinking.

At first I was a little skeptical of the Zevia sodas because of my experience with other zero calorie drinks. Even if my problems with the other sodas were solved due to the natural ingredients, I didn’t believe that it would satisfy my soda cravings.

Boy was I wrong! The Zevia ginger ale soda was absolutely delicious. It tasted exactly like a regular ginger ale soda, but better because I could taste that the natural ingredients. It was refreshing (both in terms of taste and ideology). My craving for a soda was quenched and there were no side-effects – all for zero calories!

I have to say that my favorite flavor is the ginger ale. That’s mostly because I love ginger ale as a regular soda, but it’s also because my family drank the other flavors before I could. Actually, my family loved the soda so much that my mom keeps the Zevia ginger ale in the fridge now.

Disclaimer: Zevia is the answer to your health-conscious prayers. You don’t have to cut soda out of your life! Introducing Zevia, the home of zero calorie, guilt free soda. Materials mentioned in the article were sent to Tori as a gift, all opinions are her own.

Tori Rinker is a sophomore from Charlotte, NC (Lake Norman area if you're familiar with North Carolina geography). As a southern girl she enjoys sweet tea, front porches, and peaches. She is an intended Molecular Biology major and hopes to pursue a certificate in Values and Public Life. She is looking forward to her first collaboration with HerCampus with the HerCampus Princeton Summer Slimdown Challenge!