Brooke Shields: 1987 Alum, Actress, and Author

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Princeton chapter.

“At Princeton I gained a great deal of pleasure from success in my classes. knowing that I could accomplish those things, and I realized that my success was directly proportional to the work I put in.”
-Brooke Shields.

Before you get too excited, HCP did not happen to interview Brooke Shields. Don’t be dissapointed. Brooke Shields, a member of the class of 1987, certainly deserves to be featured. Below are ten factoids about the lovely and amazing Brooke Shields.

1. Brooke Shields’ autobiography, On My Own, was written when she was sixteen years old. 
2. Brook Shields has exquisite taste in men. She once dated Prince Albert II of Monaco and was at one time married to tennis god Andre Agassi.
3. Brooke Shields once said: “People think of me as a mannequin, all show and no substance.” With a Princeton degree? How could anyone doubt her credibility?
4.  Brook Shields is a member of Princeton’s Class of 1987. She majored in French Literature. 

“I think I’m going to have to live vicariously through my daughter’s rebellion because I certainly never did go through adolescence.”
-Brooke Shields

5. Shortly after her graduation, her school records were released and Shields was criticised for not taking courses in history, mathematics, economics, world literature, or science (with a laboratory component).
6. Brooke Shields was a member of Triangle Club (notable alumni: F. Scott Fitzgerald and Jimmy Stewart)
7. Brooke Shields was a member of Cap and Gown.
8. You probably know Shields from Pretty Baby, The Blue Lagoon, Endless Love, Suddenly Susan, or Lipstick Jungle. 

“It’s about circumstance. When one environment stops welcoming me, I move on to the next. After college, I wasn’t getting the kind of movie offers I’d been getting, and I knew I wasn’t going to be a top model anymore; I’d already done that. So when Broadway opened its arms to me, I went for it. Then TV wanted me, and I decided to make the most of that. I capitalize on everything available to me.”
-Brooke Shields (on why she reinvents herself for her career)

9. Brooke Shield’s senior thesis was entitled “The Initiation: From Innocence to Experience: The Pre-Adolescent/Adolescent Journey in the Films of Louis Maile, Pretty Baby and Lacombe Lucien.” 
10. Brooke Shields will be the Class Day Speaker at the Class of 2011 Class Day Ceremony

Ajibike Lapite is a member of Princeton University’s Class of 2014. When not studying, Ajibike tutors at the Young Scholar’s Institute in Trenton, NJ; serves as the President  of the Princeton Premedical Society; is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Princeton; currently holds the title of Most Stylish Undergraduate (from Stylitics). Ajibike is a  molecular biology major with a certificate in global health & policy. She enjoys consumption of vanilla ice cream and sweet tea, watching games of criquet, exploring libraries, lusting after Blair Waldorf’s wardrobe, watching far too much television, editing her novel, staying watch at the mailbox, playing tennis and golf in imitation of the pros, hanging out with the best friends she’s ever had, baking cookies that aren’t always awesome, being Novak Djokovic’s fan girl, and sleeping—whenever and wherever she can.