bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Very “White House” Easter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

This year for Easter, on Monday, April 1st, the White House will host a White House Easter Egg Roll. This event will involve all of Michelle Obama’s followers presenting their ideas on what it means to be healthy and active. The event will be publicized by Michelle’s “Let’s Move” campaign. To Michelle, it is essential to live a healthy life, along with practicing good eating and exercise habits.

Unlike other traditional Easter day events, this day will offer sports and games to play for families. Cooking will also be demonstrated to families specifically using healthy methods of food preparation. Children from ages 5-13 years are asked to attend the event. The central theme for the event is: ‘Be Healthy, Be Active, Be You.’ The White House Easter Egg Roll offers a new exciting way to present Easter to individuals. Rather than Easter being shown as gathering as much candy as possible or overeating at a family gathering, it is being demonstrated as a way to be attentive to healthiness.

Respect should be given to Michelle Obama. She is the first First Lady to arrive at a very pleasant program that can maybe make a huge difference in society and the world. In her ‘Let’s Move’ program, she has been constantly involved and has participated in many healthy televised demonstrations. Michelle also has a Facebook and Twitter, which she uses to share her program with the public. President Obama must be proud; his wife is trying to make a huge difference in the world. Michelle Obama…an outstanding woman to say the least.

Fill me out!
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.