This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

As with any holiday, I love going back and watching Valentine’s Day themed episodes from all the best TV shows. From hilarious to romantic to dramatic, here are some of the greatest Valentine’s Day episodes from your favorite TV shows.  

30 Rock– “Anna Howard Shaw Day”

Description: Liz can’t get anyone to give her a ride home from her oral surgery, which’s scheduled for Valentine’s Day. Meanwhile, Jack goes out on a date with a sexy, smart journalist, and Jenna discovers that her stalker has moved on.

The Office– “Valentine’s Day”

Description: When Michael visits Dunder Mifflin corporate headquarters in New York on Valentine’s Day, he and Jan are both in for a surprise. Meanwhile, back in Scranton, the office staff celebrates Valentine’s Day grade school style.

The Office– “Blood Drive”

Description: Michael holds a lonely hearts party on Valentine’s Day at the office, hoping that he’ll run into a woman he met earlier that day at a blood drive. Meanwhile, Jim and Pam have an awkward lunch with Phillis and Bob Vance.

The Office– “PDA”

Description: It’s Valentine’s Day, and the office is fed up with Michael and Holly’s PDA, Andy helps Erin solve Gabe’s riddles to find her gift, and Jim and Pam get drunk and try to find a place in the office to have sex.

Parks and Recreation– “Galentine’s Day”

Description: Leslie and Justin try to reunite Leslie’s Mom with an old flame for Valentine’s Day, only to discover he’s a total loon. And Justin’s rude behavior during the entire episode causes Leslie to look at him in a new light.

Parks and Recreation– “Operation Ann”

Description: Ann’s friends try to set her up on a date for Valentine’s Day, while Ron and Andy try to help Ben solve Leslie’s series of complicated riddles to reveal the location of their Valentine’s Day date.

New Girl– “Valentine’s Day”

Description: Single for the first time on Valentine’s Day, Jess convinces Schmidt to be her wingman as she attempts to have an attachment-free fling with a handsome stranger. Nick’s romantic plans are foiled when he finds himself spending more time with Julia’s law firm assistant than with her. Winston becomes one of the girls when Shelby invites him over on the holiday.

Friends– “The One with the Candy Hearts”

Description: As Valentine’s Day approaches; Ross and his date end up at the same restaurant as Carol and Susan, Joey inadvertently sets Chandler up on a blind date with Janice, and the girls burn mementos of their old boyfriends.

Friends– “The One with the Birthing Video”

Description: During Valentine’s Day, Chandler discovers the miracle of birth seeing an extremely graphic video.

How I Met Your Mother– “Desperation Day”

Description: Lily goes to Minnesota to bring Marshall back, but he’s not ready to leave yet. Meanwhile, Ted and Zoey’s relationship gets off to a rocky start, and Barney searches for a female “victim” the night before Valentine’s Day.

Glee– “Silly Love Songs”

Description: As Valentine’s Day approaches, it’s all about romance, connections, hope, stolen kisses, heartbreak and spite. 

Gossip Girl– “Crazy, Cupid, Love”

Description: It’s Valentine’s Day on the Upper East Side and Blair can’t resist playing cupid for someone she loves. Georgina’s intent on stirring up more drama, so she decides to crash Nate’s Valentine’s Day party. Meanwhile, Serena’s shocked by something she witnesses at the party.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer– “Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered”

Description: As Valentine’s Day approaches, Xander tries to improve his love life through witchcraft and finds himself with too much of a good thing.

Gilmore Girls– “The Vineyard Valentine”

Description: Rory and Logan ask Lorelai and Luke to celebrate Valentine’s Day with them on a weekend at the Huntzberger’s house on Martha’s Vineyard, where Lorelai’s annoyed by Luke’s disdain for Logan. Meanwhile, Logan and his father have a confrontation.

Grey’s Anatomy– “Valentine’s Day Massacre”

Description: It’s Valentine’s Day and the doctors must treat dozens of injured people after the roof collapses at a popular romantic restaurant; Derek tries to manage his busy schedule as Chief of Surgery; Meredith wrestles with her new duties as the Chief’s wife; and Mark and Callie team up to convince Sloane to do the right thing for her baby.

The Vampire Diaries– “Total Eclipse of the Heart”

Description: Hoping to help everyone move past recent traumatic events, Caroline convinces Elena and Bonnie to attend Whitmore College’s “Bitter Ball” for broken-hearted students.

Mad Men– “For Those Who Think Young”

Description: On Valentine’s Day, the staff of the Sterling Cooper Advertising Agency’s hustling and checking out the newest office equipment. Don and Duck clash over an account, and Betty hears from an old friend.

Mad Men– “A Day’s Work”

Description: Sally discovers that Don’s not working, Pete lands a big account but is undercut by management, and Joan’s forced to move some secretaries around after Lou and Peggy have some problems.

Orange is the New Black– “You Also Have a Pizza”

Description: Love’s in the air as the inmates prepare for a Valentine’s Day party; Red makes an intriguing new discovery. Larry asks Piper to be his prison mole.

Supernatural– “My Bloody Valentine”

Description: A couple of days before Valentines Day, two valentines devour each other. On the next day, two lovers commit suicide. Dean and Sam investigate the murders and summon Castiel to help them. Castiel tells them that a cupid that’s gone nuts is responsible.  The angel brings the cupid and they conclude that he is innocent. When Sam feels hunger for demon blood, they discover that the local population has been attacked by Famine, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Chips and guac are the way to my heart.