Tips for Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

With Thanksgiving so close here are some tips to help you prepare!

If you’re flying out home for Thanksgiving, make sure to know what time your flight check-in is and if you need to sign up for a shuttle. The information for the UP shuttle is here: http://www.up.edu/activities/default.aspx?cid=9845&pid=169

If you’re staying here, have you figured out what you’re eating? If you plan on DIYing your own feast then get your ingredients ahead of time! Otherwise the commons is also serving its own Thanksgiving dinner.

Plan your outfit! Are you chilling with the fam or do you need to dress it up a bit for the family you never see? Also do you need to do laundry so your favorite skirt is ready to go?

Scope out the dessert before you chow down! I’d hate to miss pumpkin pie because I shoveled too much stuffing into my face.

Be ready to answer a thousand questions asking you about college, what do you want to do in life, and if you’ve “met anyone”. Just have a few canned answers you can throw out before you make your escape.

I'm an Environmental Ethics and Policy Major, an intersectional feminist, and fashion lover.