This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Finals are quickly approaching, projects are due, and studying for finals is in full gear.

If you’re anything like me, you are always on the lookout for a new place to study on campus.  Lately it seems as though the library has become more of a social gathering place than a place to do school work and study.

Here are some suggestions of where you can hit the books and crack down on end of the year work: 

The Quiet Side of the Commons

Usually it is very mellow on this side of the commons and it allows you to stay productive, with people trickling in here and there.

St. Mary’s Lounge

There are plenty of tables and work room and heck you can even take a quick power nap on the couches.  10/10 would recommend. 

The 3rd floor of Franz

Sometimes it can get a bit hectic up there, but if you do get a chance to go up there, it is a effective place where you can get your stuff done.

The Study Rooms in the basement of your Dorm

Who doesn’t love wearing their pajamas while doing homework, I know I do.  Not leaving your dorm will allow to stay comfortable and work on your homework, studying, and projects all in one place.