Outfit of the Day Inspiration: 04/13/2012

Posted -

FRIDAY- Plaid and Skirts!
Plaid is a clothing staple for good reason: it’s interesting, versatile, and can be found on everything from socks to kilts.  As an avid plaid fan myself, I am always on the hunt for that perfect plaid shirt: soft, well-structured, colorful, and long.  When you find your own plaid perfection, try one of these looks for a fun and feminine way to style it!

Outfit#1: Rugged Feminine!
Personally, this look heavily evokes one of my favorites seen on the recent Dolce and Gabbana runway.  There’s a definite western vibe going on (which I am always a fan of) but you can choose to minimize this by skipping the cowgirl boots and braids.  Simply tuck your favorite plaid shirt into a poufy white or cream skirt and add a thick belt at the waist.  I would choose flats for this look, perhaps in one of the colors that can also be found on the shirt to tie it all together. 

Outfit#2: Casual!
If you are just going to be hanging out with friends and keeping it casual this weekend, this would be a comfy yet cute outfit.  Take a plain white dress and throw on your roomiest and cuddliest flannel shirt.  Add tights if you want more interest or coverage, and top it all off with flat boots and a few necklaces of varying lengths.  Glasses are always cute, and a great way to give your eyes a break from contacts after a long week of late nights. 

Photo Sources:

College is hard. We make it easier!

Get the best of Her Campus delivered straight to your inbox!

Editor's Note

Congratulations to our new campus chapters at Howard, Miami and St. Vincent

Be the Editor-in-Chief of your own magazine -- Start a Her Campus chapter at your school!

We Recommend

User login