alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Must-Try Looks for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

It’s time to ditch the raincoats and break out those cute shorts you’ve been eyeing for the last few months. If you’re feeling uninspired by your closet, check out these must-try trends for summer!

Beachy Waves

Embrace your hair’s natural texture and opt for a low-maintenance do that is guaranteed to turn heads. Grab some sea-salt spray or mousse and scrunch away!

Show Some Leg

But, obviously, within reason! Take advantage of Portland’s great summers and get your tan on. SPF first, please!

Break out the Sandals

Seriously, it’s about time! While you’re at it, treat yourself to a post-finals pedicure.

Experiment with Patterns

Shop Forever 21 or H&M for fun finds that won’t break the bank. Check out local thrift stores or resellers like Buffalo Exchange or Crossroads for one-of-a-kind pieces.

Cover up!

As much as we’d like to think we can get away with shorts and a tank, Portland’s unpredictable weather means that a warm morning may turn chilly in the evening. Throw a cute, slouchy sweater in your bag for a look that will adapt to the weather without (totally) covering up your cute outfit.

Rock a Hat

Rocking a bold hat is a great way to dress up a “blah” outfit AND give your noggin some much-needed protection from the sun. 

Happy shopping!

Hanna attends the University of Portland and is studying Marketing with a minor in Communication Studies. Getting lost, adventuring in the Pearl on a cloudy afternoon and eventually ending up in a local coffee shop are some of Hanna’s greatest pleasures in life. Hanna hopes to pursue a career in public relations upon graduation and plans to adopt the “City of Roses” as her new home. She is an avid writer and loves spending time with her favorite American authors, Ernest Hemingway and Kurt Vonnegut, with a good cup of coffee and a cozy blanket. Hanna is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus Portland.