Meet Tyler Gregg ’15!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Tyler Gregg

Year: Sophomore

Major: Marketing and OTM

Hometown: Edmonds, WA

Twitter: @tgrizzlygrizz

Being originally from the Seattle area, what made you choose UP?

I chose UP because I had heard that there were a bunch of really nice, fun, down-to-earth girls. You know, wifey material.

You’re really into basketball; do you find that basketball influences other aspects of your life?

Basketball is a lot like my girl life. You know, in basketball you can’t bring your A game whenever you feel like it, you have to bring it every day. With girls, you have to be nice and act like a gentleman every day, not just when you feel like it.

Paint me a word picture of your perfect date. Where would you go? What would you do?

A perfect date for me would have to be a candlelit dinner. I would, of course, make the meal, just for my girl. And of course, “My Boo” by Usher would be on repeat in the background.

What do you look for in a girl?

I’m an eyes guy. But beyond that, I look for a girl that would enjoy going on moonlit walks with me, and my roommate’s puppy (2-year-old German Shepherd named Maya).

Do you look for athletic girls because you yourself are so into sports?

Well, like any guy I want my son to play in the NBA, so marrying an athletic girl can definitely help in that sense. But in all seriousness, athletic girls are awesome and I find it very attractive, but there is so much more to finding that perfect girl.

What’s your “game” once you find yourself interested in a girl? Are you the type to make the first move, or become friends first?

My game is playing hard to get. Well, no necessarily hard to get, but there is no rule that a girl can’t start the texting convo!!! And I like to become friends with a girl first, because what’s the point of dating someone I can’t be best friends with?

I am studying Organizational Communication with a emphasis in Public Relations at the lovely University of Portland. I grew up in Salem, Oregon, but I absolutely love living in the city. My hobbies are reading, writing (obviously), running, and watching cat videos. And eating. I also love window shopping in the Pearl District, going to the Saturday market, and trying out new restaurants.
Hailing from eastern Washington, Julia attends the University of Portland in Oregon, as a Communication Studies major with an emphasis on Journalism. As a magazine and book junkie, Julia reads everything (and anything) she can get her hands on, especially those passionate on young adult culture and entertainment. A woman that gets stir-crazy easily, Julia has been fortunate to have traveled many summers in a row to foreign countries, including a study abroad course in Austria, Germany, and Great Britain. Since a ripe age, she has grown and cultivated her passion and dream of working for a magazine and spreading awareness as well as happiness through the tips of her fingers. Always finding time for herself, Julia can frequently be found quoting movie lines (most frequently Will Ferrell or Vince Vaughn), having a 90's dance party with her roommates, or rereading "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" for the 40th time.