Meet Matt Casey!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Matthew Casey  

Year: Senior

Major: Accounting

Hometown: Portland, OR

Activities: Skiing, hiking, and biking

Best UP Memories: Definitely hanging out with friends on snow days. I hope we get at least a couple this year!

Commons or Cove: Commons (if I’m feeling like a big spender)

One UP Bucket list item: Hide from the librarians when they are shutting down the library and set up camp for the night in one of the study rooms

Most embarrassing moment at UP: Sitting in on a class on the first day of school–as a junior–and realizing about 10 minutes in that I was in the wrong class… rookie mistake.

Biggest Pet Peeve: People licking their fingers while eating (especially when eating wings)

Favorite TV Show: As a kid, Rocket Power; but now, I am definitely a movie watcher. My favorite movie without a doubt: Hitch.

Celeb Crush: Man crushing on Matthew McConaughey

Single or taken: Single and ready to mingle… Just playing, I’m taken!

Ideal girl: I’m definitely into girls that are outgoing. They have to enjoy being active and want to be outside. Also, spontaneous and intelligent. Sounds like a girl named Lauren!

Ideal date: In the summertime, go on a hike in the Gorge and pack a picnic. In the wintertime, go to a Chinese restaurant and then chill and watch a good movie.

Deal breaker: Girls that wear too much make-up

Deal maker: A girl with an upbeat and positive personality!

I am University of Portland student pursuing a degree in Operations and Technology Management. I enjoy working out, being outside (hiking, fishing, camping, hunting, etc.) and shopping. I am from southern California and love collecting turtle-related trinkets.