Meet Campus Cutie Arvin Ticzon!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Arvin Ticzon

Year: Senior

Major: Accounting

What has been one of your favorite experiences at UP?

One of my favorite experiences at UP would probably be studying abroad in Salzburg, Austria this past summer. Being in Europe and traveling was a lot of fun. 

What’s one of your hobbies? 

I enjoy traveling and seeing new places. I wish I had more time and money to do that.

Where’s your favorite place to go in Portland? 

My favorite place to go in Portland would probably be downtown Portland. There are different places you can be at within minutes when you are in downtown because it is small city. You can be at Pioneer and 5 minutes later you can be in the Pearl District and then not far away is NW 23rd. 

What’s your idea of a perfect date? 

If it was in Portland, probably go out to dinner somewhere nice in downtown and depending on what time of year it is, we can go watch a sporting event such as the Blazers or Timbers. If not, we could just take a stroll around downtown and find something to do. I usually like to think of things to do right there and then. If it were during the summer, a day trip to the Oregon Coast would be fun.

What are your plans for the future? 

I hope want to stay in Portland and hopefully find a job here. If not, I am open to anything and possibly working and living elsewhere. I think I am pretty adaptable and can adjust to new things and surroundings. 

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!
I like places. I like people. I like stories; every place, and every person has a story. I want to write as many stories about that place and those people until the stories run dry. Which is...never. So I will continue to write. Please, tell me a story.