This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

It’s finally November, cold weather is here and the leaves have started falling. Things we don’t want to see falling are our grades, extra circulars, and relationships. As hectic times are upon (dreading finals), it’s easy to let things slip up a little bit. I know I’m guilty of falling off my life management. The overwhelming schedule of a college student does not leave much room for forgiveness. Recently, I’ve found myself overcommitted and underprepared. As this semester nears its end, it’s time to reevaluate and rebalance. Here’s a list of my favorite management tips and tricks!

Get rid of clutter. That goes for anywhere and everywhere. Put your shoes back in your closet, clean out all those Commons receipts, and file that stack of papers on your desk. Having all of the clutter around you (as easy as it is to ignore) will help you feel better and less stressed. Neat, organized, and clean will make a bigger difference than you think.

Budget your time. This one may seem silly because who wants to plan out their time hour by hour. Don’t knock it till you try it. Know what you’re going to do, where you’re going to be and how long you’re going to spend on it. This will allow you to plan your schedule better. Maybe you’ve been spending too much time grabbing coffee or watching Netflix. Having a designated study time will add a little more structure to your day.

Budget your money. In college, it’s difficult to money manage. We’re not used to paying and budgeting for this many responsibilities. This is a huge problem for me. I may think in the moment buying my third cup of coffee is not a big deal, but when you add it all up it’s more than you think. I’ve got your one-stop solution for this: Mint. Download the personal finance app to solve all of your money problems.

Pay attention to relationships. Overtime, we build a huge network of people. It’s difficult to balance and give this aspect of our lives the amount of attention it actually needs. Pay most attention to those closest to you; the people who are there with you through thick and thin. These are the people, whoever they may be, who are going to keep you standing when things get real.

You do you. With everything going on, the most important thing is you. Don’t lose yourself with worrying about everyone else’s problems or what is happening to them. Now, I’m not suggesting a ‘screw-the-world’ attitude because negativity causes wrinkles. But you need to be a priority. Take some me-time away from the world and do the things most important to you.

Hi guys! My name is Brooke Murphy and I'm an Operations & Technolohgy Management major at the University of Portland. I love fashion, being active and meeting lots of new people. I've been writing for HerCampus Portland for a couple months now and have loved every minute of it! Hope you enjoy what I have to say :)