Halloween Makeup Must-Haves!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

With Halloween this Thursday, it’s crucial to have the perfect costume to impress all of your friends and the cute kids that come to your door. Here are a few makeup items that you probably already have in your drawer to give your costume the extra kick it needs to really blow people out of the water! 

1.     Red Lipstick- This is a great bold statement that brings attention to your beautiful (or maybe in this case- spooky) face! I love a red lip for a flapper girl costume or even a vampire costume. You can even use it to look like fake blood for a zombie costume or to bring together your Wonder Woman costume!

2.     Liquid eyeliner- I love liquid eyeliner because it goes on so smooth and now comes in all sorts of colors, some even with sparkles! Maybe you want to go as a black cat or I’ve seen some great makeup tutorials online that show people using eyeliner to draw spider webs all over their faces. Beautiful, but still a little creepy! Or maybe you are the kind of person that likes to be modest and plans on going as an old grandma; liquid eyeliner is perfect for adding wrinkles.

3.     Blush- Blush is another great product that comes in an assortment of colors and a great way to bring attention to your face. Maybe you want to be a doll or a sunburnt tourist! If those aren’t either of your costume ideas, it’s a nice way to add a little drama to any outfit such as a witch or Minnie Mouse!

4.     Face Paint- Obviously this is a great and inexpensive way to transform any look! Face Paint can help you really embrace your costume, especially if it is something along the lines of a green skittle, red M&M, or even if you want to go all out and paint a Spider Man mask on your face! With several different colors that come in a package, the possibilities are endless!

Don’t be afraid to go all out with your makeup! This is this one time in the year where it’s completely acceptable to be something completely different. Have fun and be bold! Happy Halloween! 

Hi Friends! My name is Sam and I'm a senior Biology major at UP. I'm also the 4th floor RA in Mehling (the best dorm ever)! Here are a few things that I love right now: tea, friends, sunshine, bows, scarves, salted caramel anything, and hand-written letters. I'm so excited to be a member of Her Campus here at UP and can't wait to share new and fun things with everyone!
I like places. I like people. I like stories; every place, and every person has a story. I want to write as many stories about that place and those people until the stories run dry. Which is...never. So I will continue to write. Please, tell me a story.