Get to Know Regan Murphy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Name: Regan Murphy

Year: Sophomore

Major: Sociology  Minor: Political Science

Hometown: Atwater, California

Activities on campus: Kenna Hall Community Assistant, Student Alumni Association, Kenna Hall Council President

Favorite Animal: Dog

Favorite Salt and Straw Flavor: Sea Salt and Carmel

Favorite Show: American Idol

Voodoo Donuts or Blue Star Donuts: Blue Star

What do you like most about Portland?

I really like how different it is from my hometown and how there are so many fun things to do! You can really never get bored. Last weekend, my RA took us to the Wooden Shoe Tullip Festival. It was so pretty!

How long have you been on Kenna Hall Council?

Two years.

Why did you join Kenna Hall Council?

I joined my freshman year because I was looking for ways to get involved in my dorm and on campus. I love being involved in my dorm’s community and it’s such a great way to meet new people. Some of my best friends are on it with me! Being on it again for my sophomore year was a no brainer and this year I’m the President.

What’s your favorite part about Kenna Hall Council?

It’s a great group of girls and we work really well together. I love planning events for the dorm and getting to interact with the other residents, especially the freshman.

What has been your favorite Hall Council event?

Movie nights! It’s an easy event and everyone seems to really enjoy them. Plus, I love watching movies.

Which did you like better freshman or sophomore year?

Definitely sophomore. Since it’s my second year here on campus I feel a lot more comfortable. Freshman year was definitely a once in a life time experience, but being a sophomore is a lot different and this year has been so much fun. 

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.