This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Pilots, three more weeks to go until the sun is yours. Until then, don’t let final exams and papers keep you holed up. We have all the hot study spots for you, from now until the semester’s end.

Somehow the most social spot on campus, we begin in the library. It’s convenient for those days when you don’t have time to get off campus. But don’t let yourself get in a rut; challenge yourself to find new perches.

• When the sun is shining, there’s no better spot than right by the window. You’ll feel like a cat, in only the best way.
  • Feel like socializing? Grab a friend and sit at one of the big square tables. The energy of people walking past will keep you going…even if a conversation or two distract you.
  • Grab a spot on the second floor balconies for a little people-watching. Watching the flow of students in and out is soothing, especially when assignments have you anxious.
  • In the mood for a café? How ‘bout a diner? The second floor has small café-like tables and booths, depending on your needs. (Food not provided.)
  • Get cozy with some readings by the fire in the basement once it turns cold at night. The basement is all around great for high-focus study sessions; minimal noise and movement will keep you in the zone. The floor also offers individual desks, for some quality time between just you and the books.
  • Don’t forget about the study rooms! Book them early online before they’re sold out!

Ready to move from the library? Try out Shiley. Its study rooms are infamous for nappers, but hearing a little snoring always gets the giggles out. And, the second floor has more spots to soak up the sun if the library gets too poppin’.

• Grab some friends and take over a classroom, in any of the buildings around campus! You may get kicked out by another group, but that’ll give you an excuse to stretch your legs as you search for another room. 
  • The Commons: Food, people, and now lots of table space. What else could you want? 
  • Get outside! The tiered steps in front of Franz, outside The Pilot House, on the Bluff, or out behind the Commons are some to test out first. 
  • And, for those days when you just need to step outside the UP bubble, get off campus! As you likely know, Portland has tons of coffee shops. 
  • If you have access to a car, check out Blend on Kilingsworth, Caffe Umbria on 12th Ave, or Barista, which has three Portland locations.
  • Only have a bike? Not a problem! St. Johns has you covered with so many coffee shops, you’ll wonder how they all stay in business. A personal favorite is Anna Bananas, with a menu so big you can stay all day.
  • Just got change for the bus? The world is still yours for the taking. Bus lines 35 and the 44 will take you to Blend, and straight into downtown for even more options.
  • And, if you have comfortable walking shoes, Cathedral Coffee is a prime choice. The big windows instantly relax you; they’ll make you feel like you’re outside until you can walk just a bit further to Cathedral Park.

Happy studying!