7 Ideas to Help You Unwind Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

With the end of the semester approaching, we all deserve a nice, long winter break with friends and family to relax. Here are some ideas, so you can make the most of your well-deserved vacation.

Binge Watching Netflix

With all this time on your hands, you can finally watch all your favorite shows in peace! If you haven’t binge watched Stranger Things yet, I highly suggest that you do so over break. Some other suggestions to get you into the joyful spirit are Gilmore Girls, New Girl, Once Upon a Time, and all the Christmas movies you can imagine.

Read for Pleasure

Finally, reading something that doesn’t stress you out! Winter Break is a great time to unwind and read whatever book you like, whether it’s new or an old favorite. Need help picking a book? Perhaps The Chronicles of Narnia, the Harry Potter Series, or To Kill a Mockingbird. The choice is yours.

Bubble Baths!

If there’s one thing I miss a ton about living at home, it’s a nice, relaxing bubble bath. Bathing is so relaxing, especially with candles and extra bubbles. Treat yourself to a relaxing bath at home.

Cozy Up by the Fire

In all honesty, what is more relaxing than sitting by the fire in your PJ’s, sipping hot cocoa, and watching Christmas movies? If you don’t have a fireplace or a wood burning stove however, a space heater will make you warm and cozy as well.

Bake All Your Favorite Holiday Treats!

Who doesn’t love yummy holiday treats? Especially in dorms, baking isn’t really a norm in college, but at home, you have all the ingredients to test out whatever you want. If you need some inspo, how about peppermint bark, pumpkin-chocolate chip cookies, or holiday cut outs w/ icing?

Go to the Movies

With all the studying and various activities in college (oh, and Netflix), is going to the movies a thing? Well, if it isn’t, winter break is definitely a good time to treat yourself to a good movie with friends or family. How about the new Star Wars or Pitch Perfect 3?

Donate

Too many clothes, and not enough space? Tired of all that clutter you never seem to use? The holidays are a great time to donate. Not only is it the season of giving, but perhaps other families could use your old stuff to make great gifts.

Have an amazing, snow-filled vacation babes!

Lover of all things art, dog, and coffee related♡