5 Things To Do On-Campus This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Looking for something to do this weekend? While, it’s always nice to get off-campus and explore Portland, don’t forget to see what’s going on on-campus. There’s a lot of on-campus programming that goes on at the University of Portland. From weekend movies to sporting events, there is something for everyone. Here are 5 things that are going on this weekend: 

1. Men’s Soccer Game!

• When: Tonight, September 9th at 7:00 pm 
  • Where: Merlo Field 
  • What: Come support the men’s soccer team tonight at 7 pm! Wear your purple and get ready to cheer. They’ll be playing against UC Berkeley. Check with your residence halls to see if they’re doing anything beforehand like painting-up or walk over with the Villa Drum Squad. 

2. Pilots After Dark!

• When: Tonight, September 9th, 10:00 pm-1:00 am 
  • Where: Pilot House 
  • What: Pilots After Dark is our late night, on-campus programming. It’s every Friday and Saturday night from 10:00 pm-1:00 am. Last night was karaoke and tonight it’s “Name That Tune.” Grab your friends and see which one of them could be the human version of Shazam. Bonus: The late night menu at the Pilot House is pretty good! 

3. Women’s Soccer Game!

• When: Sunday, September 10th at 3:00 pm 
  • Where: Merlo Fields 
  • What: Show your purple pride by coming out to the Women’s Soccer game. They’ll be facing Boise State at 3:00 pm. The weather should be nice tomorrow, so this can act as a great study break.

4. Connect Retreat! 

• When: Sunday, September 10th,12:00 pm-8:00 pm 
  • Where: Quiet Side of the Commons
  • What: Interested in meeting other freshman and learning more about what Campus Ministry at UP has to offer? Then the Connect Retreat is just the event for you! This all-day, on-campus retreat is a great way to connect with other students. Sign-up online or talk to your Faith & Formation Ambassador. Not a freshman? No problem, stop by the Quiet Side of the Commons at 6:30 pm for dessert and to hang out.

5. Her Campus Meeting! 

• When: Sunday, September 10th at 4:30 pm 
  • Where: Buckley Center 
  • What: Interested in joining Her Campus at UP? Want to learn more about what we’re all about? Come to our info meeting tomorrow at 4:30 in Buckley Center. Hope to see you there!

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.