4 Local Discounts to Die For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Raise your hand if you love discounts. Okay, so not just me then? Like many people I love a good discount. But what I don’t love is being told the discount I found online is no good. Luckily, for you Portland students, I have done some sleuthing and found a few local discounts that are LEGIT.

Domino’s (Lombard St.)

This deal was by far my favorite one. Domino’s has a discount only available to University of Portland students. So what’s the deal? One large one topping pizza for $4.99, just show your ID! They also have tons of coupons spread out around campus, so keep your eyes peeled.

Deal: $4.99 large one topping pizza

% Discount: 64% off

Distance from Campus: .6 miles (11 minute walk) Or get it delivered to campus and call them at (503)-285-4691.

H&M (Pioneer Place)

After reading other blog posts that say that H&M offers student discounts I thought it was too good to be true. After calling a local H&M they let me know the scoop. H&M offers a discount to college students, but only during the back to school season. So make sure to check them out when it’s time for some new threads.

Deal: Back to School Promo for college students

% Discount: Discount varies

Distance from Campus: 6.8 miles. So about a 15 minute car ride for those of you lucky ducks with cars. For the rest of us, it’s a half an hour bus ride.

Tri-Met (Public Safety Office)

If you’re a freshman or a car-less upperclassmen you’re left riding the bus. And those day-use passes can really start to add up. Instead of wasting your money on day-use fares, invest in a month long pass. The Public Safety Office offers these passes for $65 rather than a whopping $100. These passes are good for a calendar month.

Deal: A month long bus pass for $65

% Discount: 35% off

Distance from Campus: The Public Safety is located on N. Warren Ave right next to the Rec. Center. The office is a quick walk from anywhere on campus.

Amazon Prime for Students

My saving grace this semester was discovering Amazon Prime for Students. Amazon offers a college students a free 6 month membership to Amazon Prime. After the 6 months, the annual membership fee is $49 rather than $99. With the Prime account you have access to movies, music, and free two day shipping on items like Textbooks. Sign up with your student email at this link http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

Deal: Amazon Prime Membership FOR FREE (6 months at least, and then it’s $49 annually)

% Discount: 51% off

Distance from Campus: No walking necessary, SCORE. 

Kelsie is from Klamath Falls, Oregon. She is a sophomore pursuing a Political Science and Spanish Double Major at the University of Portland. She has five brothers and two sisters. Her hobbies include hiking, watching movies, and telling bad jokes.