photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

3 New Movie Releases

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

Who remembers the days before you could stream movies online? Back when going to the movie theater was the way to spend a Friday or Saturday night.  Now with services like Netflix and the ability to stream movies through Amazon, I don’t really find myself going to the movie theater that much. It’s not that I don’t like theaters, it’s just easier to watch movies from my computer. One of my goals this year is to get off-campus more and what’s a better excuse than going to see a new movie?! It’s a great way to spend time with friends and to just get off-campus for a bit. The movie theater popcorn is definitely an added bonus. Here are three movies that were just released to theaters near you: 

1. Home Again 

Okay, who doesn’t love Reese Witherspoon?! Seriously, she’s one of my idols and Legally Blonde is one of my all-time favorite movies. In this rom-com, Reese Witherspoon plays a single mom who lives in Los Angeles. Her life gets turned upside down when she lets three young men move in with her.

2. It

Calling all scary movie fans! This is a remake of the 1990 film based on Stephen King’s 1986 novel with the same name. It’s about a clown who hunts children and group of kids who band together. If you’re afraid of clowns, this is so not the movie for you. 

3. The Good Catholic

Daniel, played by Zachary Spicer, is loving his job as a small-town priest. Until he meets Jane, then his life gets complicated. What will Daniel decide is his true calling? 

Upcoming Release:  Mother! 

Jennifer Lawrence is back at it again! This time she plays a young woman living in the country with her husband. Their life of tranquility is disrupted when a mysterious couple comes knocking. Definitely add this psychological horror film to your list. Comes out September 15th, 2017.

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.