nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Sophomore SAEM major and CONAN Intern Cassie Crisp!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

HC: Tell us a little bit about yourself!

CC: My name is Cassie Crisp and I am a Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major. I am from Columbus, Ohio. Go Buckeyes! I am currently living in Los Angeles, California for an internship at CONAN, which is Conan O’Brien’s late night talk show.

HC: Why did you choose Point Park?

CC: I chose Point Park because of how amazing the whole SAEM program is. Before applying, I went to a couple open houses and met the SAEM professors and saw how much they care about the students and the industry. That is what sold me.

HC: How did you land your internship?

CC: When I was in my last couple months of taking Career Prep, I was thinking about internships and my main goal was to intern in Los Angeles for a semester. I have always liked Conan and was interested in seeing what it was like to work for a late night talk show and so I went on the website and applied! I got a skype interview and eventually got an intern position.

HC: What do you do for your internship?

CC: I am a talent intern so I pretty much live in the green room of the show. I make sure the green room and everyone’s dressing rooms are stocked and clean. I do some computer work for the Talent Department. I also work at the talent desk so I check in the guests that come on the show. I check in their guests, such as family, friends, and people who work for them such as makeup artists and agents. I also check in VIP audience members. There is a lot that I do in a day!

HC: What is the best part about your internship?

CC: There are so many things I love about my internship! I really love that I get to work with so many different professionals everyday. I get to talk to everyone from producers to bands and musicians to managers to comedians who share stories about their experiences as professionals. Everyday is so different. I am learning so much about what it takes to put on a late night talk show and it is helping me learn so much about this part of the industry.

HC: What is your dream job?

CC: I am still not really sure exactly what I want to do in my career. If I had to choose, I would do something like work in Tour Management or Concert Promotion. My main goal since I decided to work in entertainment is to work in the music industry. Since starting this internship, I am also interested in working in the talent department for a talk show.

HC: List a fun fact about yourself!

CC: I actually like traffic. Traffic just gives me time to myself to listen to music or podcasts. I also love driving. I guess loving traffic comes in handy living in Los Angeles!

All photos courtesy of Cassie Crisp

Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie. 
Casey McGaw

Point Park

Social Media Manager - Her Campus at Point Park Casey McGaw is a second semester senior at Point Park University hoping to pursue a career within sports and social media. Casey is an unashamed Harry Potter enthusiast (#TeamRavenclaw) and enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge. She hopes to make a positive impact on the world around her through social justice advocacy and good puns. And as a social media professional, she is eager to share her "GIFs" with the world.