The Five Best Pancakes at IHOP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Who doesn’t love the golden deliciousness of a pancake? Crispy edges, fluffy interior. You can’t go wrong. But what about when places like IHOP offer you multiple varieties of the classic winning breakfast food? Well, have no fear, your girl is here to help make you the winning choice with all your pancake needs.

1. Double Blueberry

These buttermilk pancakes are filled with delicious fresh blueberries. If that wasn’t enough, they top it off with a blueberry sauce. Who could forget about the blueberry syrup equipped on all tables? If you’re a fan of these little berries packed with flavor, then you’ll be sure to love these pancakes.

2. Chocolate Chocolate Chip

These pancakes are sure to be a hit with your favorite chocolate lover. The batter itself is a chocolate based pancake batter. Your sweet tooth still need a filling? Have no fear, because they then add chocolate chips into the mix. Top if off with some delicious syrup for a great pair.

3. Red Velvet

Who knew that a classic cupcake flavor could be delicious as a pancake too? You start off with a red velvet pancake batter. Then you add cream cheese frosting on top of that. Finish it off with some classic syrup to tickle your favorite pancake fancy.

4. Strawberry Banana 

Who doesn’t love fresh fruitiness to add some great flavors to classic pancakes. Your buttermilk pancakes will be topped with banana slices. Then ass some glazed strawberries and more bananas on top of that. Still want more? Use IHOP’s strawberry syrup to add more fruit flavor. These pancakes will leave you begging for more.

5. Buttermilk Pancakes

While all pancakes are great, there’s never anything wrong with just a plain old buttermilk pancake. All these varieties are delicious, but sometimes overwhelming for the taste buds. When a break is needed, there’s nothing wrong with a good old fluffy buttermilk pancake. Only want a bit of adventure? Try one of the 3 flavored syrups offered: blueberry, butter pecan, or strawberry.

A girl falling in love with the world, one adventure and a cup of coffee at a time.
Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie.