Celebrate Record Store Day with Point Park!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Calling all music lovers! This year’s Record Store Day is Saturday, April 22nd. Record Store Day is an annual event held on a Saturday in April to celebrate the culture of independently owned record stores. Record Store Day brings together bands, artists, fans, and thousands of independent record stores across the world. A lot of record labels and bands participate in Record Store Day to provide their fans with exclusive items and discounts.

Photo credit: recordstoreday.com

For all Point Park University Students that want to get involved, we have all the details for you. Two organizations that are participating in Record Store Day are Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management (SAEM) Club and Music Association. The two campus organizations are funding a shuttle service to take students from Point Park to different local record store shops around Pittsburgh. The shuttle will leave at 11 am on Saturday, April 22nd and will return around 3 PM at the latest. PPU students who ride the shuttle will receive a $5 off coupon for a local record store in south side, Dave’s Music Mine. Students will also receive a goodie bag provided by Warner Music Group. All students that are interested in signing up can head to the 11th floor of West Penn by 3 pm on Friday, April 21st.

Photo credit: yelp.com

In addition, the organizations have given us a Record Store Day tote to giveaway! For your chance to win this tote bag, all you have to do is share this article on your social media accounts. Be sure to tag @hcpointpark and @pghmusicnews to be entered to win. The winner will be randomly selected on Friday, April 21st.

I am a twenty year old Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major at Point Park University. I am a huge music lover and frequent concert goer. Obsessed with the Jonas brothers, lipstick, statement necklaces, and Starbucks. You can find me at a concert or traveling.
Casey McGaw

Point Park

Social Media Manager - Her Campus at Point Park Casey McGaw is a second semester senior at Point Park University hoping to pursue a career within sports and social media. Casey is an unashamed Harry Potter enthusiast (#TeamRavenclaw) and enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge. She hopes to make a positive impact on the world around her through social justice advocacy and good puns. And as a social media professional, she is eager to share her "GIFs" with the world.