This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

Have you always dreamed of recording your own songs? Well you’re in luck! Pioneer Records, Point Park’s record label, is looking for their next Pioneer star!

If you’re selected as this year’s artist, you will receive studio time at Red Caiman Studios and 300 copies of your EP produced by Jesse Naus. You will also receive a CD release party hosted by Pioneer Records where you will have the opportunity to play your songs for family, friends, and fellow students. On top of all that you also get press coverage, media management, and bookings.

Previous Pioneer stars Hannah Jenkins, Chase and the Barons, and John Rushlander have all seen great success through this opportunity. Hannah was able to open for the One Tree Hill Tour at Hard Rock Café while Chase and the Barons and John Rushlander have appeared on TV broadcasts here in Pittsburgh.

This year Pioneer Records is accepting submissions from both Point Park students and people outside of Point Park. If interested, please submit up to three songs to pioneerrecordsppu@gmail.com by September 23rd.  

Rebekah Mohrmann is a Senior Sports, Arts, and Entertainment Management major and Multimedia minor at Point Park University. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter at @rebekahxmarie.