7 Halloween Door Decoration Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Point Park chapter.

One of the best parts about getting into that Halloween spirit is decorating! Here are seven easy, cute, and awesome ways that you can get creative with your dorm door this holiday season!

1. Black Cat Door – This black cat won’t bring you any bad luck! To make this, all you need to do is cover your door with black paper, pick out what color paper you would like to use for the eyes, nose, and whiskers, cut out the shapes, and arrange them how you’d like!

2. Alien Door – To make this door from another planet, all you’ll need is a big sheet of white paper to cover your door with, and other colored paper to make the antennas, eyes, and whatever other features you’d like to give this extraterrestrial creation.

3. Ghost Door – For this spooky door, you’ll need some black and white paper.  After you wrap the door in white, you can cut out his eyes and mouth with the black. Have fun with the facial features, your ghost can be scary, happy, surprised, and anything else you want it to be!

4. Monster Door – For this creepy creature, pick a color and cut it into thick strips. Wrap them horizontally around your door, leaving a big space in the middle for the mouth. Use white paper to create teeth and they eyes. To make your monster’s eyes pop even more, use paper plates for that little bit of extra texture.

5. Frankenstein Door – To make this classic monster, grab some green, black, and white paper.  Wrap the door with green. Use the black for the hair and stitches, and the white for his teeth. Again, you can use paper plates to give his eyes a bit more pop! If you’re feeling ambitious, take grey or silver paper to make the bolts on the side of his head.

6. Jack-O-Lantern Door – Instead of dealing with the mess of carving a real pumpkin, you can create your very own Jack-O’-Lantern right on your door. All you’ll need is orange paper to make the “pumpkin,” and black paper for the carved face!

7. Mummy Door – To make this very simple, but awesome door you’ll need white paper, white crepe paper, paper plates and a black marker.  First you’ll wrap your door with the white paper. Next, take the white crepe paper and drape it all over the door. This will give your mummy its wrappings. You will want to use the paper plates as eyes for this particular door so that they don’t blend in with the rest of it. Finally use the black marker to give your mummy some pupils!

All of these use simple crafting products (such as paper, markers, crepe paper, and paper plates), so you won’t need to spend a ton of money on decorations just to show your Halloween spirit.

Did you decorate your door for Halloween? Show us on Twitter or Instagram, @HCPointPark!

Casey McGaw

Point Park

Social Media Manager - Her Campus at Point Park Casey McGaw is a second semester senior at Point Park University hoping to pursue a career within sports and social media. Casey is an unashamed Harry Potter enthusiast (#TeamRavenclaw) and enjoys long, romantic walks to the fridge. She hopes to make a positive impact on the world around her through social justice advocacy and good puns. And as a social media professional, she is eager to share her "GIFs" with the world. 
Lexie Mikula is senior Mass Communications major at Point Park University from Harrisburg, PA. Lexie held the position of Campus Correspondent and contributing editor-in-chief of HC Point Park from May 2014 - May 2016. In addition to social journalism and media, she enjoys rainy days in the city, dogs with personality, watching The Goonies with her five roommates (and HC teammates!), and coffee... copious amounts of coffee.