Who Said It: Donald Trump or Lucille Bluth?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

In 2003, the first episode of Arrested Development aired, and with it came one of the most entertaining TV characters to date. Lucille Bluth, played by Jessica Walter, is hands down one of the most important staples of the show. Part of what makes her so lovable is the offensive comments she frequently makes. She is so offensive, even the things that come out of her mouth can only be rivaled by one real life person. The things he says are so bad that you’d think his dialogue is stolen from a movie script. When he speaks you find yourself thinking, ‘No real human being could be so insensitive.’ When he tweets you think, ‘No real human being could be so dumb.’ When you see his hair, you are instantly concerned that the following animal lives atop his head and needs to be set free.

That’s right. It’s Donald Trump. If only Donald Trump’s hair could run off to seek a better life like the above guinea pig, but alas, it is stuck on his self-involved head, similar to how we are stuck with him running for president. Because both Trump and Bluth have their fair share of terribly offensive and frighteningly dumb remarks, it’s very easy to confuse a Trump quote with a Bluth quote. So the question here is… Who said it? 

1. “They didn’t sneak into this country to be your friends”

2.  “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. … And some, I assume, are good people.” 

3. “Laziness is a trait in the blacks. … Black guys counting my money! I hate it.” 

4. “They’re building a wall to separate the US from the immigrants, which was my idea!”

5. “I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man- he made a good decision.” 

6. “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.” 

7. “It’s one banana. What could it cost, $10?”

8. “It doesn’t matter what the media writes as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”

9. “I’ve never seen a thin person drinking diet coke.”

10. “Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire.” 

11. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.” 

12. “If you’re worried about criticism, sometimes a diet is the best defense.” 

13. “I have a great relationship with the blacks.” 

14. “I’m so hot.”

So without further ado, here are the answers:

1. Lucille Bluth

2. Donald Trump

3. Donald Trump

4. Lucille Bluth

5. Donald Trump

6. Donald Trump 

7. Lucille Bluth

8. Donald Trump

9. Donald Trump

10. Lucille Bluth

11. Donald Trump

12. Lucille Bluth 

13. Donald Trump

14. Lucille Bluth

Source Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt