When You’re the One Who’s Always Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

One day, I was sitting around with my friends in a spacious – in other words, drafty – room. One of my friends walked toward the thermostat, calling behind her, “Is anyone cold?”. I sat without opinion (I wasn’t particularly comfortable but wasn’t so cold as to complain) when someone called out, “Casey is cold!”. When I realized she just assumed that because of my prior history of coldness, I suddenly understood who I am: I am the friend who is always cold. Being that friend goes a little like this:

1. Whenever you get a text inviting you out, a struggle ensues. You want to see your friends of course, and, well, you really should socialize, but your bed is just sooooo warm……you seriously contemplate not moving.

2. Getting dressed for school is a serious struggle.  

3. And getting dressed to go out is even worse.

4. You make trips outside as brief as possible.  

5. You show up to places like: 

6. When your friends suggest you do something outside you’re just like: 

7. But at least you’ve learned to play off that shiver like a pro. 

8. You think winter kind of sucks. 

9. But you keep the faith alive by telling yourself summer will be here soon enough. 

Stay warm, friends!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt