What Food Are You Based On Where You Lived Freshman Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Every freshman dorm on Pitt’s campus has its quirks. Some are in the heart of our bustling campus, while others require a walk down a few blocks or even a climb up a hill. Yet the personalities and tastes of each freshman dorm are all unique. If each dorm could be a food, they’re likely to be one of the foods listed below.

Nordenberg – Sushi

Being the newest and most wanted freshman dorm, sushi best fits here. It’s fresh, trendy and one of the most wanted food items on campus. Whether you get it from Market to Go or the various sushi shops of Oakland, you can still eat it in front of the flat screen TV included in every room.

Towers – Ramen

The most iconic Pitt freshman dorms go with the most iconic college food: ramen. When the Market food underneath becomes monotonous, the student is left with not much other than some snack food and the contents of their microfridge. The best option is definitely to warm up some ramen and give in to the cheap classic college dish.

Holland – Nut Butter

Peanut butter is a classic staple as well in just about every millennial’s diet. For the girls in Holland this is no exception. Peanut butter can be found on bananas, bread or even just a spoon. Having the Oakland Bakery and Market not too far away with their freshly ground nut butter variations, these girls are kept up to date on the latest nut butter finds.

Sutherland East – Protein Shake

Housing athletes and athletic students alike, these students are the definition of gym junkies. From football to tennis, these students need nutrients and lots of em. Chicken breasts and grilled cheese from The Perch doesn’t always cut it. To replenish the carbs burned and help rebuild muscles, protein shakes do the trick.  

Sutherland West – Coffee

Whether they are on the pre-med track or proving they can handle a double major, these students are constantly pushing themselves to out-do one another. Hectic schedules and late study nights lead to a much needed caffeine kick, provided by a staple of the college kid diet, coffee. Even if these students run out of Keurig pods, there is always the Hill O’Beans coffee cart waiting for them in Sutherland lobby. Coffee consumption is undoubtedly one of the highest in this dorm.

Forbes Hall – Chipotle

Being the engineering hall, these students are constantly busy with their heavy course loads from the start. Not only do they have challenging courses, but they’re also decently far away from on campus food areas. Lucky for them, Forbes Ave is saturated with a plethora of fast food chains, including everyone’s favorite: Chipotle. Being only a block away, it’s easy for these students to give in to the temptation of flavorful Chipotle frequently.

Photo Credit: 1, 2, 3

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt