brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Typical College Girl Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Are you really a female in college if your Instagram doesn’t include…

1. A picture of your dorm room? Every girl is proud of the way she perfected her color scheme. She wants to show off her new posters. The picture either features you, smiling and sitting on your bed, or you and your roommate between the two beds, the picture being taken by a proud parent.

2. A game-day selfie? You’ve gotta love the first football game of the season. The spirit present at college football games is unmatched and everyone wants to cheer on their team while sporting university gear. But of course the game isn’t over until you’ve taken a picture with the friends you went with (and immediately uploaded it to Insta).

3. Your college coffee fix? Traditionally, this photo would include a Starbucks cup and you would take the picture at an artsy angle to the counter was seen and your name (likely misspelled) on the side of the cup was displayed. However, coffee in a mug fresh from the Keurig is a fair competitor, because who can really afford daily Starbucks on a college budget?

4. #tbt? So Thursday rolls around and not only do you sincerely miss your friends back home but, let’s be honest… you really love that photo you took at senior prom with your high school friends and Thursday is your window of opportunity to post said photo.

5. The red solo cup photo? It’s dark. People are laughing. Everyone has a red solo cup full of tap water. Enough said.

6. Campus picture? At college, you fall in love with your school. Maybe you loved your campus before you even got there. But to exhibit said love, there is the pretty campus picture, on a warm spring or crisp fall day, with a caption that comments on how happy/blessed you are to live in such a beautiful place.

7. Girlfriends, girlfriends, girlfriends?! Yes, we love our guy friends but every time the girls get dressed up, the camera has to come out. The girls on the end put their hand on their hips and everybody else puts their arms around each other and smile. Because the best times in college are spent with your girls who are there for you from beginning to end.

Image credit: @satiregram on Instagram

Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt