TRENDING NOW: This Week You Must Drink, Wear, and Have…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I don’t necessarily identify myself as being a trendsetter. However, I am usually pretty good at picking up on what’s hot at the moment. Do you ever feel like you’ve been living under a rock?  Getting caught up in the stressors of college is so easy; sometimes we just need to fly back down to earth, check up on reality, and get a little distracted!

The BUBBLE TEA craze:

What exactly is bubble tea? Better yet, why is everyone infatuated with this crazy, weird, “not tea at all” drink?  It’s not surprising that so many people are attracted to its colorful and captivating look.  Why wouldn’t anyone want to try this fascinating Taiwanese refresher?  There are milk and fruit-flavored types of bubble tea, and some places even combine the two flavors!  Confession: I had yet to try bubble tea until this afternoon when I took a trip down my block to the new “Chick’n Bubbly” on Oakland Avenue.  I was immediately overwhelmed by all of the different options, but after a good five minutes of staring at the menu, I finally decided on the taro milk tea and it was delicious!  It’s perfect for a study break or a quick snack in between classes. Bubble tea is definitely worth all of the hype! 

FLOWY SHORTS/GRAPHIC TEE obsession: 

I am all about flowy shorts.  This new fashion-obsession of mine has been hot all summer and I’m definitely trying to wear it out (no pun intended) for the few remaining weeks of hot weather.  The great thing about flowy shorts is that they’re flattering on all different body types and they come in many colors, patterns, and styles.  I can safely say that just about every clothing store carries flowy shorts right now. I’m also obsessed with graphic tees, and I wish I owned more.  They are not only perfect for the summer, but all year round.  The best part about them is that they can really say something about your own personality, depending on what the graphic is.  My favorite graphic tee I have says “Five more min…” and it actually describes who I am perfectly. This in-between-season weather can be a little tricky, so when you’re stuck on what to wear, throw on a pair of flowy shorts, a graphic tee, and pair it with a light denim shirt!  This looks great with slip-on sneakers or combat boots.

YIK YAK addiction:

You’ve heard of it by now, you’ve seen it being used, and maybe you have even tried using it yourself.  This new form of social media is without a doubt sweeping the nation. It is especially hot at universities all across the country. Yik Yak is an app that allows you to post messages anonymously. Think of it as an anonymous Twitter. I decided to install the app onto my iPhone to get a better understanding of what it’s really all about. I was shocked, horrified, and amused all at the same time. Whether you’re a fan or not, it is quite entertaining and will give you a good laugh when you’re just sitting around with your roommates!

Image Credit: 1, 4, All others provided by author

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt