The Top Apps You NEED On Your Phone NOW!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

When people think of spring cleaning, they think of donating winter clothes and cleaning every square inch of their house. I, on the other hand, being the technology-loving person I am, think of clearing out the apps on my iPhone that I don’t use and replacing them with the hottest apps to date.  Most people haven’t downloaded a new app since getting Draw Something or Words With Friends. This is understandable; between studying and going out and pretending you are planning your future, it’s difficult to look for the coolest apps. I am here to help. Below is a list of the newest applications you MUST download!

Top Social Apps:

1. Wanelo (Free): This app is kind of like Pinterest, but strictly for clothes and products that you can actually buy! The app links you to the outside website that is selling the item. You can either save the clothes, shoes, or jewelry to your “collections,” or buy it on the spot. You connect with your friends and share clothes you like.
  2. Vine (Free): Instagram who? This latest and greatest app allows you to record short 2-second videos and compile them all together to share with your friends. You can like and share the videos too!
  3. Albumatic (Free): Goodbye Facebook albums! This app allows you to create albums and share them with your friends by letting them “join” your group! It runs smoothly and allows you to like and comment. It’s the greatest app when it comes to sharing photos.
  4. Snapchat, Updated (Free): Snapchat has always been a fan favorite, but now they’ve changed it so you can stay listening to your music while taking a photo! Thank goodness because my awkward self can’t handle those 5 seconds of silence.
  5. Bump (Free): To all the iPhone users out there, we can officially “bump” each other AND our computers! All we saw during the Galaxy S3 commercials was the touching of the phones to share music. I’m not dissing Galaxies, but try out this Apple app and share items faster!

Top Fitness Apps:

1. Meal Snap ($2.99 or Free): As much as I love My Fitness Pal, I hate having to input every carrot stick I eat and trying to figure out which calorie is the correct count. This app allows you to snap a picture of your food and it tells you how many calories you are eating! Perfect!
  2. Healthy Out (Free): Follow a strict diet? Vegetarian? Paleo? This app shows you what restaurants close to you would work with your eating habits!
  3. Fooducate (Free): You have no idea how many times I stand in the grocery store aisle wondering which wheat bread is better. Well with this app, you simply scan or input the information and it will tell you on a grade scale from A to D if the food is healthy or not.
  4. Everest-Live Your Dreams & Achieve Personal Goals (Free): Dreams are difficult to keep alive while away at school, with this app, you can log it and report the steps until you reach the goal! It even sets reminders!
  5. Simply Yoga/Leg/Arm/Butt/Ab Workout (Free): I personally LOVE these apps. You choose a 5, 7.5, or 10-minute workout and it times you while telling you to switch exercises. My friends and I use it for circuit training. They are must haves at the gym.

Well I hope your spring-cleaning of your phone went well! Enjoy these apps for all they are worth (which is free)!

Photo Credits:

https://www.apple.com/support/assets/images/assistant/shared/welcome_apps.gif

I have been a proud Her Campus writer since my freshman year at Pitt and I am now the Social Media Editor for the chapter. So excited to see where the chapter will go but sadly I am a senior graduating in 2015 with a Communication and Art History major and Film Studies minor.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt