Suns Out, Buns Out: The Best Burgh-ers in Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If there’s one thing most people don’t know about me, it’s that my nickname was “meat and potatoes” growing up. Though this may be obvious why, it’s because I lived off potatoes, steak, and ketchup (I was also nicknamed “Ketchup Queen”) for a good portion of my life. Though today I have expanded my culinary pursuits, I still will forever crave a large, juicy cheeseburger with a pile of fries whenever I’m stressed (or hungover). Luckily for me, Pittsburgh is a land where burger joints are heavily numbered. Here is my “Meat and Potatoes” approved round-up of the best burger places in Pittsburgh!

Five Guys

Though this is a chain and can be found anywhere, Five Guys is ideal when trying to cure even your worst hangovers. It’s right on campus, so you won’t have to travel too far from your bed.

The Porch

The Porch may be best known for their pizza, however they have a brunch burger that is the bomb.com. A fried egg, bacon, and cheese on top of a burger… what else could you ask for?

Stack’d

Known for its build-your-own burger experience, Stack’d delivers any type of burger toppings you want, from fried mac and cheese to ranch mayo. Plus, when it’s nice out, they have outside seating and exposed windows.

Burgatory

The name says it all: this place knows their burgers. Plus, for those 21 and older, they have crazy spiked milkshakes that go perfectly with a classic cheeseburger!

Fuel and Fuddle

Though many reach solely for their infamous buffalo chicken dip, Fuel and Fuddle is serving up solid burgers topped with things like avocado and pepper jack cheese. Plus, they have a pretty hefty beer list to pair with your meal.

Union Grill

Hands down the best turkey burger in Pittsburgh. Their waffle fries are a perfect side for their massive burgers!

McDonald’s

I am not ashamed in the slightest to admit that McDonald’s is my go-to late-night food spot. Nothing beats a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a side of fries!

Photo Credits: all photos belong to the author

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt