This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We are officially halfway through summer break; and with July 4th and The World Cup behind us, everything seems to be quieting down. If you’re like me, you are getting invited to fewer ragers and more relaxed backyard parties. Still, there is always a reason to look good, and that’s why I’ve chosen this outfit for an evening look. I’m sporting some shiny black wedges to lengthen my legs under a maroon layered dress. The layers accentuate my curves and the dress hangs loosely, making it pretty comfortable. Also, the red wine color goes well with my dark hair and warm skin tone, but you can find layered dresses in any color at this time of year. As a simple accessory, I’ve got this necklace of gold chains. Necklaces and dangly earrings will both elongate your neck and frame your face. But, I like to keep it simple and only wear one piece at a time when I am just kicking back with friends.

Hi, I'm Sarita. I am a senior Communications major at the University of Pittsburgh. My writing topic interests include job acquisition, school survival tips, Latin culture, feminism, fashion, nutrition, and current events.
Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3