Still Make the Most Out of Black Friday (After The Rush)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Black Friday is here! But it’s not to late to run out and get the best deals. But time is running out, so here are some tips to help you snap those gifts.

1.     Know what you’re looking for
There’s nothing worse than aimlessly walking around a crowded store with no idea what you’re trying to find. Make a list of everything that you want to buy along with the price you are willing to pay. It’s easy to make rash decisions when you’re caught up in the hustle and bustle of shopping.

2.     Have a game plan
Know which stores have good deals and which stores don’t. Don’t waste your time on deals that will still be going on in a couple of days. If you’re gong to wake up in the middle of the night, make sure to take the time to do research to find the best sales.

3.     Go with no more than one or two people
Try not to get caught up in the hype of Black Friday by going with a big group of people. It’s much harder to hit a lot of stores when you’re worried about finding all of your friends that you came with. Make sure you and your shopping companions are on the same page and want the biggest bang for their buck.

4.     Make sure it’s worth it
Black Friday sales can often be deceiving.  Stores might advertise sales that aren’t any different from their usual sales. Don’t waste time in these stores because the sales will still be there in upcoming weeks.

5.     Keep your receipts and know the policies
As you know, sometimes it is hard to make quick decisions while you’re shopping, especially when there are crowds of people and no time to spare. If you do end up making the wrong choice by buying something that you realize you don’t need or want, you need to be able to return it. Have a specific spot in your wallet to put all receipts. If you realize that there is a no return policy, make sure you are positive that you want whatever the item is.

6.     Wear comfortable but practical clothing
Wearing scarves, boots, or just layers in general can get very annoying when you’re clothes shopping. Wear something comfortable but preferably light. A shirt underneath a jacket is most practical so you aren’t wasting time changing when you could be shopping. Good walking shoes are also crucial. Slide on some Sperry’s or Vans so your feet don’t pay for your day long shopping excursion.

7.     Shop online if you can
Don’t overlook the online deals! A ton of stores have websites that feature free shipping or other specific Black Friday discounts, so take advantage of it if you can!

Where to find the deals:

If you’re looking for a good sale, the usual stores that everyone shops in like Forever 21 and H&M won’t have many advertised deals. However, department stores and big name stores like Best Buy and Target are a hot spot on Black Friday. You can get HUGE discounts on electronics if you find the right place. Happy shopping!

Hey, I'm Chris Baker and I just began writing for HerCampus at Pitt. I love God, my family and friends, sports, and my amazing fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. I love to talk, write, and engage with people, in particular, I like to argue, haha. I love Pitt so if you go here and don't already know me, you should find me and get to know me! Contact me anytime at cbb17@pitt.edu,Thanks for reading!