Six Creative and Cheap Stocking Stuffer Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

One of the best parts about the holiday season is giving gifts to the important people in your life. We all know that our friends and family deserve the world, but it’s a little hard to give the world when you’re on a college budget. Luckily, we’ve found six gifts that people will love without you breaking the bank! 

1. Personalized Photo Frame

This is one of the simplest but most thoughtful gifts. Grab a 3×3 or 4×4 photo frame, put your favorite photo of the recipient and you in the frame, and voila! Even better, gift them a couple of photos so they can change up the picture as time goes on.

2. Fun Fuzzy Socks

Who doesn’t love being cozy? Fuzzy socks are all the rage, and plenty of stores carry ones with fun designs and patterns.

3.  Tumbler

This is perfect for the iced coffee lover in your life! A huge variety of colors and designs makes it easy to customize this gift for the recipient’s style. Tip: put some pieces of their favorite candy and a note inside the tumbler to personalize this gift!

4. Fish-Eye Phone Lens

Any Instagram or VSCO enthusiast will be sure to love this gift.

5. Bathtub Crayons

It sounds odd, but trust me: these are so fun if you live with roommates! Decorate the walls of your shower with messages and drawings.

6.  Face Masks

Perfect for anyone who loves to have spa days! Most face masks are under five dollars, so grab a couple different types to give the recipient more variety.

Finding cute gifts that are on the cheaper side shouldn’t be a hassle! Hopefully this article helped you figure out how to make the people in your life smile this holiday season! 

Photo Credit:

1 , 2 , 3 , 4, 5 , 6

Katherine Lewis is a Virginia native at the University of Pittsburgh. She is studying Media and Professional Communications with a concentration in Digital Media. In her free time, she likes to consume iced coffee by the gallon and explore the city.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt