Shows to Binge on Netflix Instead of Going Out in the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Put your boots away. You don’t have any meetings, work, or appointments, and you have a frozen meal in the fridge. Girl, grab your favorite snack and a drink, put on leggings and cozy socks, and stay in bed. It’s Netflix time. Here are our favorite shows for your perfect Netflix marathon!

1. Lost

A plane crashes on an island, and the survivors have to figure out how to live, how to avoid all the freaky stuff that happens on the island, and how to get off. This show has everything: drama, intensity, mystery, adventure, and even some romance. There’s always a cliffhanger at the end of each episode and there are 121 episodes. AKA you can watch this forever.

2. Gossip Girl

Does this even need an explanation? Even if you’re not a girly-girl, GG is a must see for every female. You might not like Chuck at the beginning, but just wait…. *swoon*…. And can we steal everything in Serena and Blair’s closets?

3. Freaks and Geeks

Can’t spend 500 hours on Netflix? F&G has young heart-throbs James Franco, Seth Rogan, and Jason Segel. Made in the ’90’s, it only finished one season before it was cancelled. Too bad it became popular 15 years later! #nostalgia

4. The Office

Don’t be sad about it ending – be happy you can watch Michael over and over again until you realize it’s 4 am and you’ve eaten two bags of chips.

5. American Horror Story

So scary. So many cliffhangers. So very good. If you haven’t seen this yet, you should probably start. Like, right after you finish your homework. Don’t you want to know what it’s like to live in a haunted house?

6. Friends

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!! All seasons of Friends in one weekend? Challenge accepted.

7. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This show is hilarious and they just put season nine up! This is a great show to watch by yourself or with friends. Short episodes makes it easier to take bathroom and food breaks. Plus, you can’t be sad while watching the gang!

8. The League

Same humor as Always Sunny, but instead of being about friends owning a bar, it’s about friends competing in a fantasy football league.

9. Portlandia

It’s a mashup between Always Sunny and Saturday Night Live!

10. Orange is the New Black

This is the most popular show on Netflix. Better start watching to keep up with the Jones’ in the dorm next to you.

Other binge-worthy shows: Grey’s Anatomy, The Wonder Years, Bates Motel, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Sherlock, Friday Night Lights, The Walking Dead, and New Girl. Enjoy!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Sarah Churchman, HC Pitt's Senior Editor, is a super senior at the University of Pittsburgh studying Computer & Information Science with a specialty in User Design! She is the reserach lead in CyREN, the school's cybersecurity lab. Along with InfoSci, Sarah is minoring in Creative Writing with a focus in poetry. She is an editor at Forbes & Fifth, a student-run magazine. She is also part of H2o church. She's obsessed with tacos, Tommy Hilfiger, and ordering things off Amazon Prime!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt