This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

1. The Fashionista

This person’s outfits are always on point. His/her closet is like Narnia, and somehow he/she has managed to fit it all in the nonexistent closets at Towers. The Fashionista continues to look flawless when they are just hanging out in their dorm and during finals week while the rest of the student body looks horrendous. Furthermore, the Fashionista will always know when all the big sales are happening, and will have coupons for everything. Many people will claim to be the Fashionista, but only a true Fashionista will deny the title. We all strive to be the Fashionista, but we’re lucky enough if we even become friends with the Fashionista.

2. The Athlete

The Athlete will never be seen out of his or her Pitt athletic gear because he/she doesn’t want anyone to forget that they made it into the Pitt athletic program. The Athlete will also only hang out with other Athletes, for the NARPS (non-athletic regular people) are not quite up to their standards. In the rare occasion that the Athlete decides to grace you with their presence, he/she will only talk to you for a few minutes before running off to their fellow Athletes. You will never actually see the Athlete around your residence hall because he/she is always on their “grind;” but don’t fret, when the Athlete does happen to be around, they will make their presence known by blasting loud music in their room, especially during quiet hours, which they won’t get in trouble for because he/she is the Athlete.

3. The Thirsty

The Thirsty may have gotten in to Pitt based on his/her academics, but they came to party and mingle with opposite sex. This person’s favorite questions are, “Where are the parties tonight?” and “Are you single?” You will find the Thirsty in South Oakland late at night on the weekends wandering around in their best party outfit trying to find any frat parties that will let he/she in. The Thirsty will also assume that everyone is trying to get with them, and if you make it clear to them that you aren’t interested they will assume you are crazy. All in all, the Thirsty came to Pitt to party and hookup first and study second.

4. The Pittsburgh Native

The Pittsburgh Native is both a blessing and a curse. On one hand, he/she has lived in Pittsburgh for their entire life and therefore knows all the good places to eat and hang out. However, if you decide to ask the Pittsburgh Native on their infinite wisdom during the weekend, you won’t be able to find him/her because they have already headed home to hang with the family. This person will always have the best food in the fridge since their mom is so close by. If you ever happen to become the Pittsburgh Native’s friend, you’ll also become very familiar with the family because they will always be dropping in “just to say hi.”

5. The Honor Student

This person still thinks they are still in high school and thinks he/she is better than people that aren’t in the Honors College. What this person fails to remember is that everyone holds the same—if not, similar—intelligence and that everyone had the opportunity to apply to the Honors College. This person will either always be partying because they believe they don’t have to study because he/she made it into Honors College, or they will always be studying in their dorm because he/she wants to uphold their reputation. Whether the Honor Student in your life always parties or always studies, serious shade will be thrown your way if you aren’t part of the Honors College.

6. The Pathfinder

The Pathfinder has arguably the best job on campus; he/she get to take potential new students on tours and they get paid! The Pathfinder knows everything and anything about Pitt and they will spit random facts to you about Pitt during everyday conversation without even realizing it. Moreover, the Pathfinder will always have the best Pitt gear, and to make you even more jealous, he/she gets most—if not all—of this gear for free! If you do decide to become friends with the Pathfinder be prepared to never be able to see them around campus because they will always be working. Overall, the Pathfinder will be one of the nicest people you meet on campus. They will always greet you with a smile and have a funny story to share about their incredible job.

7. The International Student

The International Student is also one of the nicest people you’ll meet on campus. They don’t know much about American culture yet, so he/she is always looking to make new friends to show them the way. This person is also very open to new experiences and wants to enjoy everything Pitt has to offer. At the same time, the International Student came to Pitt to study and study hard. They will raise the bar for everyone, and if he/she isn’t, they will study harder until they do. Overall, the International Student makes a great study partner and friend.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt