Serengetee Sweetheart: Her Campus Profile with Madison Goss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Her Campus: Hi! So tell us a little about yourself! What’s your major/ what do you do at Pitt?

Madison Goss: I’m from a small town right next to Harrisburg, PA called Mechanicsburg. I’m a molecular biology major with a chemistry minor and a certificate in the conceptual foundations of medicine, and you guessed it, I’m pre-med. I’m currently interviewing and hoping to start medical school in fall 2017.

HC: Are you active in any clubs?

MG: I’m the president of Phi Chi Pre-Medical Society, treasurer of the National Society of Leadership and Success, and a member of Gamma Sigma Sigma Service Sorority.

HC: Where is your favorite place on campus?

MG: I love the Austrian room in the Cathedral.

HC: We at HerCampus are very interested in food; do you have a favorite food?

MG: I am a huge fan of pizza with ranch, of course.

HC: So tell our readers a little bit about Serengetee. What’s the quick and dirty?

MG: Basically, they collect unique fabrics from around the world and take them to California where they are made into pocket tees and other accessories like hats and bracelets. Then, some of the proceeds from the sale of each item goes to a charity in the region where the fabric was made.

HC: How did you discover the brand?

MG: I saw another rep on my Facebook newsfeed and checked out the website and knew I wanted to be a part of this company.

HC: Why did you decide to become a campus rep for them?

MG: I had always wanted to be a campus rep for something, but I’m not a marketing major which is a requirement for companies like Amazon. When I found out about Serengetee and their connection to charities in other countries, I knew, at the very least, I wanted to buy a shirt and ended up applying to be a rep. I want to travel to poorer countries and potentially work for Doctors Without Borders once I become a doctor, and I like how Serengetee is all about getting out and seeing the world while helping others.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about working for Serengetee?

MG: I love being a rep for Serengetee because I get to spread the word about an amazing company that gives back so much while promoting traveling and seeing the world. We also get a bunch of awesome products and discounts as a bonus.

HC: Do you have any future plans to remain with the company after you graduate?

MG: No, it’s an amazing company, and being a rep has been fun so far, but I’m still planning on going to medical school.

HC: I own a couple of Serengetee shirts myself, do you own any (if so, tell us about your favorite please)?

MG: Yes, I have plenty! My favorite is definitely Digya, which was made in Ghana. Purchasing this fabric helps women in Ghana receive access to proper healthcare, which is something I am passionate about as a pre-med student. I’m also wearing this pattern in the photos!

HC: Is there anything else you’d like our readers to know about you?

MG: If you want to get 15% off your Serengetee order use the code: GOSS15.

Photo Credit: All photos were provided by the Profile

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt