Party Themes To Go All Out For!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Trying to stray away from generic, overdone party themes? 80’s theme is so simple and yet so typical that it’s nice to switch it up a bit sometimes and have fun with a totally different theme. Check out these theme ideas where you just gotta go all out!

1. Thrift Shop. Time to go pop some tags! This is such a fun idea because you can literally throw together the most ridiculous outfit and no one will judge.  Clash together plaids and stripes, or create a completely absurd combo of knee high socks with snapbacks and jean shirts, and you’ll be the life of the party. Or, just be like Macklemore and wear your most outrageous onesie!
  1. Cross-dressers. This can get pretty intense when people go all out! It’s easy but super fun to completely dress the part from head to toe. Ladies, don’t be afraid to draw on a beard with your eyeliner, and scout around for some basketball shorts, wife beaters, and snapbacks. Guys, let’s face it, it’s quite ballsy for you to wear a dress and maybe even a stuffed bra, so show us you’re man enough to tough it out!
  1. High School Stereotypes. This leaves a lot of room for creativity. Whether you pick cheerleader, goth kid, band geek, jock, or skater, pulling off this personality requires you to put some heart into it! Overemphasize that peppiness if you’re going as a cheerleader with ridiculously teased hair, a big bow to match, tons of smokey eye makeup and way too much glitter. Exaggerate the band geek look with taped nerd glasses, a nice little bowtie, and a huge feathery hat. You’ll have a blast from the past.
  1. What do you want to be when you grow up? It’s as simple as this: as little kids we dreamed of being ballerinas, doctors, princesses or teachers, so time to become one! Get out that sexy nurse outfit and those adorable tiaras because these costumes are bound to bring a good time. Not to mention, they’re totally simple to put together. Make a suggestive teacher costume with a low button down and some high wasted shorts. Guys, get those red suspenders out (ow ow!) we know you all wanted to be buff shirtless firefighters!
  1. “I’m Glad I’m Not ____.” Just fill in the blank! Dress as something or someone you’re totally happy you aren’t right now. It can be your best friend to mess with them a bit, a rival school, a celebrity such as one of the Kardashians or even Justin Bieber.  You can stuff a pillow in your dress and be super pregnant, or you can even just be a hillbilly and wear a crazy fake moustache and put black on your tooth! Anything is fair game here and with a theme like this you’re bound to see some hilarious stuff, so I definitely recommend trying this one out. You never know what kinds of ideas people will come up with!

Sources: 1

Photo Credit: 1, 2

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt