Little Things to be Proud of Everyday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We all have major accomplishments to be proud of, but they are few and far between. Being surrounded by everyone else’s collegiate amazing can be a humbling environment, but it doesn’t have to be. While we aren’t all finding cures or writing best-sellers, there are little things we can be proud of everyday.

1. Waking up on time… or even earlier.

Waking up is the hardest part of the day, at least for me. Anytime I wake up with my alarm without hitting snooze is an accomplishment. I have time to look cute and get a good seat in class, and it just feels like I have my life on track…which brings me to my next point.

2. Getting something done before the night before.

Cramming the night before and rushing to get something turned in on time are practically required in college; but on the rare occasion you get something done early, celebrate. It’s really hard to tell yourself you need to do something when you really don’t, but it’s extremely rewarding.

3. Your nails look awesome.

With all of the free time you have from getting assignments done and waking up early, you finally have time to repaint your chipping nails. Or, if you’re anything like me, unchipped nails take priority over assignments. Either way, your nails look fantastic, so be proud.

4. Your school.

While you’re walking to class looking your cutest, take time to look around and admire your school. Oakland is a beautiful campus, and a lot of times we forget to stop and take it in. Fall is the perfect time to take a walk down Fifth and reflect on where you are and everything you’ve done to get here.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3

I've got some pretty cool scars.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt